Trip Detail : Half Day Morning Visit
Half Day Morning Program
1,500 THB/Children( under 10 year old)
(Pick up time 7.30-8.00 AM Drop Off 3.00-3.30 PM)
7:30 – 8:00 am
- Pick you up from your hotel. It take one and a half hour from Chiang Mai city to ChangChill.
- Arrival and introduction to ChangChill’s past, present and future and the program’s schedule.
- Visitors begin their elephant walk, and follow their guide into the forest to observe the elephants grazing, socializing, while observing from a safe distance. Visitors will learn about ChangChill’s four resident elephants, learn some new facts about Asian Elephants, and meet the mahouts. While in elephant area, guests will be able to ask questions and guides will deliver a “live lecture” about elephant conservation, elephant behavior, and interesting facts about elephants like how much they eat, sleep, weight, etc.
- Visitors arrive at a rest station for traditional Thai refreshments – The rest station is above a mud pit, where on a hot day, the elephants love to bathe and play together. Visitors enjoy their refreshments and watch from above, trying to avoid getting sprayed with bits of mud being thrown around from down below.
- Visitors move down to the riverside sala where they learn a bit about enrichment, and help fill feeding tubes with corn, sugar cane, grass, bananas and any other supplementary food on hand. During and after lunch, visitors will be able to enjoy the view of the elephants eating through the treats that were stashed in the fencing from the elephant observation deck.
- Visitors having a lunch, we serve Thai vegetarian food.
- The day ends with a short discourse about what the guests learned about elephants and how they continue to help elephants even after leaving Thailand.